Mountain Mindfulness Retreat
August 5, 2022
Join us for this magical trail running retreat that will help melt away your stress and bring you to a beautiful place within your soul. We will take you on some of the most beautiful and challenging trails the White Mountains have to offer and you will spend two nights and three days in the enchanted forest in the Great Gulf Wilderness.
The Great Gulf will give you incredible views where you will be in awe. You will wake up each morning to a light snack and tea before your guided meditation at sunrise. This is where you will begin to discover who you really are. After some delicious coffee and a filling breakfast you will venture onto the challenging yet beautiful trails in the Great Gulf. If weather permits we will have opportunities to summit some of the New Hampshire 4000 foot mountains including Mount Washington. The northern Presidential Range has stunning views and plenty of rocks to master your rock hopping skills. We will get to embrace the true beauty of the some of the most remote parts of the White Mountains
Your afternoons will offer a satisfying lunch and an afternoon yoga session in a relaxing mountain environment where you will listen to the sounds of nature while you decompress and recover. After yoga we will have dinner and a nightly discussion about mountain running and mindfulness.
We will end your days with a sunset meditation to help you recover and sleep peacefully under the stars.
We have required gear that you will need to carry but it will be minimal. We want to make your run as comfortable as possible so we will take care of food/water drops and on our overnight trips will set up and break down camp for you.
If you need help deciding on which gear to rent or purchase we would love to help you! Feel free to send us a message using the form at the bottom of this page.
Day trip gear
- Wind jacket
- Light puffy jacket
- Ability to hold 2 liters of water
- light hat
- light gloves or mittens
- favorite snacks
- sunscreen applied prior to going out (recommended above tree-line)
- bug spray (suggested gear)
- many people wear hats with brim (suggested gear)
- sneakers adequate for mountain running (sticky rubber, durable, drains easily)
- good wicking clothing (shorts, socks, tights, long and short sleeve tee, all good to bring with you in case the weather will be chilly up high)
- cell phone or camera to take pictures!
- Running pack capable of carrying your personal gear
- a good attitude
Multi Day Trip Gear
- all of the day trip gear
- sleeping bag and pad
- comfortable clothing to sleep in
- chargers for your cell phone, watches, headlamps
- extra sneakers (suggested gear)
- towels/toiletries for trips where there are showers available
Minimum of 5 guests to host the retreat